We are listening to you and regularly updating our secure extranet software accordingly. Our goal is to provide our customers the most secure, flexible and usable extranet software in the market. As part of this goal we are always looking for ways to improve not only the stability and security of the software but also the end-user experience. To that end we are in the final stages of beta testing of our latest version of the AMS Connect software. Listed below are some of the major enhancements you can expect to see once you upgrade your site to version 6.7.
- Drag and drop functionality – This functionality now allows for files to be dragged onto folders or document lists, or within the Add document screen for upload. From Add document, dropped files can also be removed before submitting to remove any inadvertently added.
- Additional “Display as” options – You are now able to select “Secure PDF” and “Image” within the document profile.
- Secure PDF option will allow the owner to apply a password to any document that can be converted to PDF (password will be available to users viewing the document).
- Image option will render the Document as a paged set of images for end users with limited permissions. This feature is an improvement over the former security of Adobe “FlashPaper” and will prevent downloading or copying the text from the document.
- Document Expiration Date – you now have an optional Retention setting (depending on your Workspace Preference setting) that would allow document to be automatically deleted from the system when that date elapses. Once your workspace is set up you can now select “Document Expires” with a “Document Expiration Date”.
In addition to the above enhancements, AMS Collaborator will be adding a complete update to the notes and discussion features within the AMS Connect software. Final testing and verification are expected to be completed by February 2017.
AMS Collaborator has scheduled two live demos for the new features at 9:00 AM Pacific Time on Tuesday January 17th and Thursday January 19th. The live demo is anticipated to take approximately 15 minutes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join one of our demos.
Don’t forget to contact AMS Collaborator to schedule your AMS Connect site for upgrade.