The AMS Connect software has been used by many of our clients as a tool for managing employee data and information. With capabilities to tailor the software into a functional HRIS (human resource information system) system, users have the ability to convert employee personnel files from hard copies to electronic, creating confidential and personnel files for each employee, customized to that individual based on the documents stored (e.g., creating additional sub files as needed, such as a confidential medical files). We recently released an enhancement that allows the AMS Connect’s Database module Image Field types. This means that when you add this field, you can place the image into your list or record view just like you would any other field within your database. For example, if you were using the software as an HRIS system, when you attach this field to the record, you can upload an image for each employee, for each file you create for each individual to store employee information and documentation. When adding an image to a record in your database, you have the option to rotate the image as needed. The system can support any photo type (e.g., jpg, gif, png, bmp, etc.) and the site will automatically size the image to the maximum dimension of 1024. Not only is this new update advantageous when using the software for internal purposes such as employee files, but the new Image Field types allows you to further customize your client and customer’s data. Contact us today if you have any questions about this new feature or how to implement it into your own databases.
We recently discussed the aspect of branding and how the AMS Connect software can help you establish and present your brand through our customized extranet site, resulting in the successful management of your business and providing a connection with your clients that is uniquely yours. Not only is the AMS Connect software completely brandable and customizable in this regard, it also allows you the opportunity to develop solid relationships with your clients and customers.
Strong client connections mean security. AMS Connect understands the need for your customers to feel like their data is safeguarded and protected by you. From an end-user perspective, your customers can relax feeling that when they retrieve or upload documents, or work on tasks utilizing our project management feature, they have never left software outside of the control of your organization.
This brandable and customizable aspect of our software provides you with a site that is under your complete control. From login credentials to the look and usability of the site, you can be the administrator of your own site. Unlike many file and collaboration sites, AMS Connect is branded to you rather than branded to whoever the site provider is. AMS Connect also gives you full power to manage the site rather than handing over risky security protocols to a faceless organization with unreadable end-user agreements.
AMS Connect’s top priority is your data security as well as the reliability of your customized site. All of this provides your clients with the security of knowing that you are working directly with them rather than with or through an unknown or potentially risky document sharing space.
Contact us today to see how our truly secure and customizable collaboration can help build your brand and relationship with your clients.
We are listening to you and regularly updating our secure extranet software accordingly. Our goal is to provide our customers the most secure, flexible and usable extranet software in the market. As part of this goal we are always looking for ways to improve not only the stability and security of the software but also the end-user experience. To that end we are in the final stages of beta testing of our latest version of the AMS Connect software. Listed below are some of the major enhancements you can expect to see once you upgrade your site to version 6.7.
- Drag and drop functionality – This functionality now allows for files to be dragged onto folders or document lists, or within the Add document screen for upload. From Add document, dropped files can also be removed before submitting to remove any inadvertently added.
- Additional “Display as” options – You are now able to select “Secure PDF” and “Image” within the document profile.
- Secure PDF option will allow the owner to apply a password to any document that can be converted to PDF (password will be available to users viewing the document).
- Image option will render the Document as a paged set of images for end users with limited permissions. This feature is an improvement over the former security of Adobe “FlashPaper” and will prevent downloading or copying the text from the document.
- Document Expiration Date – you now have an optional Retention setting (depending on your Workspace Preference setting) that would allow document to be automatically deleted from the system when that date elapses. Once your workspace is set up you can now select “Document Expires” with a “Document Expiration Date”.
In addition to the above enhancements, AMS Collaborator will be adding a complete update to the notes and discussion features within the AMS Connect software. Final testing and verification are expected to be completed by February 2017.
AMS Collaborator has scheduled two live demos for the new features at 9:00 AM Pacific Time on Tuesday January 17th and Thursday January 19th. The live demo is anticipated to take approximately 15 minutes. Please email email@example.com if you would like to join one of our demos.
Don’t forget to contact AMS Collaborator to schedule your AMS Connect site for upgrade.
Flexible security almost sounds like an oxymoron. How can you provide the flexibility you need while maintaining security? In our blog post on 10/14/16 (The Balancing Act of Security), we discussed the need to balance security with the usability of software. AMS Connect is designed to be flexible enough to adapt to your individual security needs; we offer a variety of features that you can adapt to your specific requirements.
- Dual-Factor Authentication – This feature, when turned on, requires users to verify their identity through a unique code sent via text or email. This feature can also remember (if enabled and the user selects it) a particular computer/browser so that the user only has to authentic once for a designated time frame.
- Granular Security – Since its inception, AMS Connect was designed to provide security down to the individual item. Meaning that in order for a user to access a specific item in the software, they have to be granted access. Additionally, if the user doesn’t have any permissions to an item (even a matter/workspace) the user won’t be able to see the item. This is perhaps the main feature (in addition to custom branding) that makes AMS Connect stand alone, very few if any SaaS collaboration solutions offer this kind of security.
- Groups – To ease the setup of new users, an administrator can create a group for each matter. For example, under Client A’s workspace you can have a group called “Firm” for those within your organization, a group called Client A Executives for the executives who need high level access to their information, and a group called Client A Admin for the administrative team at Client A.
- Password Rules – The AMS Connect software allows administrators to set up customized password rules. Do you want a simple 4-digit pin or do you want a 20 character, upper case letter, lower case letter, special character, etc.? AMS Connect can match to your password requirements, even setting password expiration and preventing repeat passwords (up to a number of your choosing). Additionally, AMS Connect allows you to set your account lockout fail number (e.g. user inputs wrong password three times, the account is locked).
- Password Forget – In the event you have users that have a tendency to forget their password, you can turn on a feature that allows the user to have their password reset automatically. The user simply clicks on forget password and inputs their email address (the one in the AMS Connect System) and their user id. An email is generated to the user with password reset instructions.
There are many other features that are customizable as related to security. If you need to step up to the best and most flexible security contact us today.
Today, an organization who is holding someone’s trusted data is going to get hacked. Even though we see regular news reports regarding company’s lackluster security policies and getting hacked, the majority of data breaches are never reported.
True foolproof security can only be accomplished one way, don’t write information down, don’t put it in a computer, and absolutely don’t tell anyone else (i.e. keep it in your head). Obviously this is impractical because the only way to get business done is to share information. The problem of course is how to share this information while maintaining the necessary safeguards.
There is two main factors to consider when implementing safeguards. First: Is the method for access too complicated for the authorized user. Second, Is the security methods strong enough to protect the data from unauthorized access. There is a third factor to consider when dealing with data that isn’t necessarily security but useful for tracking. That factor is access logs.
When deciding on how you are going to interact with your clients or coworkers you will want to take those two considerations into play. AMS Collaborator’s secure portal (AMS Connect) provides high level security in a manner that makes it easy for you and your clients to use.
The AMS Connect software allows an organization to customize how secure you want your data. In addition to the highest standards for data security we provide organizations options such as customized password controls (simple to complex), dual factor authentication, and cascading permissions (i.e. if a user doesn’t have permissions to a data set, they can’t see it). Additionally, we allow organizations to create customized groups (i.e. users identified as participants in various areas) and security profiles (i.e. roles or permission templates).
You and your clients deserve better than subpar security. AMS Collaborator’s team is here to help you identify the right way to balance your security requirements with users ease of access. Our AMS Connect software is a full featured collaboration extranet that can be set up fast and have you up and running with top notch security in a short amount of time.